I am going to set out to make a few goals for my family this year. Some of them will be for me, specifically, and the rest will be for the family. I say goals because I absolutely hate the term resolutions. Resolutions, or resolve, is not something I really want to focus on. I am not trying to resolve anything. I am trying to make changes! Some are big and some not so much. This might even be an ongoing goal list that I change from time to time through the year. What I think will work, may not work later, or vice-versa. One thing for sure is that I am growing. I am growing as a person, a mom and a wife. I was pushed beyond what I was comfortable with last year as boundaries goes. This year, I think I still need a little pushing (maybe not as much as last year) so that I can mold into the woman, wife and mother God wants me to be.
So, what are my goals for the new year?
- Get a new car. Ok, so not brand new, not even somewhat new – BUT NEW TO ME!! One that is paid in full and we will owe absolutely no car note!
- Get out of debt.
- Find land to purchase (and get back in debt for the greater good). Will try to find land that we can put our “condo” on that is out in the country area and doesn’t cost a whole lot. We want to save enough money and build a home . . . . . SLOWLY!!
- Eat better.
- Exercise more.
- Have better health, which will come because we are eating better and exercise more.
- New clothes!! I am going to need them if I exercise more and eat better!! Win-win. lol
- Sew more. Yes, I love to sew. I made the Halloween costume for son for the first few years or so that he went Trick-or-Treating. I thought store bought costumes were cheesy looking and too expensive. I thought I could do better on my own, and I did. Yeah, I got skills. Lol
- Vacation!! So, with the moneys we are saving from being debt free, I will like to spurge a little and have us go on a vacation. Will it happen? Stayed tuned!!
- Have more patience. It seems as if I lost it somewhere. Its like I am standing in my doorway, looking out and yelling, “PAAATTIENCE, COME HOME!! ITS TIME TO COME BACK!!!!!!!” I just haven’t had a good handle on it this year, but I guess that is expected with all we have been through.
- Try not to let what others do annoy me. Hey, its on them, not me!
- Save as much money as I (ok, we) possibly can. I never want to be in the situation again that we were faced with this year. Most people tell you to save up enough money for at least 3 months worth of bills to carry you through in-case you are let go from your job. Hubby was furloughed back in March 2015 – 3 months worth of paychecks would not have carried us through until now! Can we call that type of savings a pipe dream? Ummm – YEAH!! As long as we get out of debt and reduce our overhead, we will not be in that situation. I want a nest egg!!
So these are my goals as of right now. Now I need to print them and tape them to the fridge. Oh snap, I only have packing tape and duct tape. Wont that just look adorable on my fridge? Lol
Thank you for reading. Hope your Sunday weather is better than ours – 58 and rainy!!
The Perpetual Campers